Thursday, November 8, 2012

Labor Organizing Whore

I am in the process of organizing the company I do manual labor for part-time, into part of the local union.  I am in the perfect position to do it, because unlike others who are afraid to loose their job, if their activies are discovered, I have no fear, because as a whore, I have a job that pays substantially more, along with giving me benefits.

My dirty secret is that I am organizing out of revenge.  The office of the company I am attempting to organize had a position that I wanted for years & I told the owners that several times.  However, when the position was vacated, the rumor is they gave it to the daughter of the owner's neighbor.  That could just be a rumor, of course.  However, in the end, they never said anything to me.  They didn't even announce the position opening to anyone else I know of.  As frequently as they mass email everyone in the office, that would have been very easy to do.

Yes, I know it is arrogant of me to believe they would even consider me for the position.  Perhaps they believed that I was not a good match.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  They did not give me or anyone else the opportunity to apply.

Beyond that, the company is the lowest paying in the industy, although it is the busiest & quiet possibly the most profitable & they do not offer benefits to anyone in the field.  Recently, when I asked one of the new owners if the field people would be getting a raise anytime soon, he said "We will reevalaute things in about two years."  Two years?!

I really love this company.  I love the people.  I love the places we work.  I love the equipment.  I love my work & take pride in it (That's pretty obvious, consider I could be sucking cock, as a whore making $800 a day, rather than $19.50 an hour doing manual labor).  This company & the other people who are not as lucky as I am deserve my time & energy to organize.

No comments:

Post a Comment