Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dating Process

Because of the nature of my world, I have to be very cautious about the people I allow in it.  My polyamorous dating process is this...

1.  I have to spend considerable completely non-sexual time with a person, sometime up to 6 months.

2.  Once that occurs & we come to the understanding that we would like to start a romantic & sexual relationship, I go to James, my primary/live in boyfriend, asking if he is in a comfortable place in his world that I can divert time & attention away from him, in order to grow a healthy relationship with a new person.  If he says that's fine...

3.   I introduce the new person to James, usually through James cooking a meal for us.

4.  If everyone agrees to continue, the new person & I will have STD checks done.

5.  I give the new person a link to my "tribe" calendar, so he can see the daily schedule of our lives.  He is also allowed to add his own information, such as requested private times to be spent with me or the tribe.

6.  I hope for the best.

Because my life is going to explode in 2014, due to us moving, my daughter starting her life alone, my book being published, & a possible marriage, between James & I, I have to be very careful about who I invite into my world.  They have to fit, both in actions & personality.  It is long & drawn out process.  In the end, I think it's worth it.  I think the tribe is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment