Sunday, July 8, 2012

"that guy"

James & I had a HUGE disagreement last week & I am not sure how it will play out next week.  James & I are in the same industry, although I have an office job, during the day.  The summer is the slowest period for the industry & many people in it have a hard time financially.  Fortunately for James, that has not been the case this year.  He has connected with someone who owns a company & likes James' work.  On a job they are doing out of town for a week, they needed an additional person on the crew.  James recommended his girlfriend of one year, Sarah.  So, James & Sarah are going out of town to work for a week.

Here's why it drives me nuts.  First, Sarah is not in the industry & useless in this situation.  Second, many other adequate people are hungry in the summer & James did not recommend them.  Third, the industry has a reputation for being very incestuousness, with rumors of the reason certain people get cake jobs is because they are fucking someone.  I do not want James to have that reputation.  I don't want him to be "that guy".  Finally & probably the most importantly, I am not interested in sharing my world, including co-workers with Sarah.

I spoke to James, in length, about my feelings.  He said I was over reacting.  However, I definitely have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

At this point, it's too late to change anything.  For a few days I was so miffed at James that for the first time in 5 years, I did not speak to him for several days.  In the end, I missed my best friend & swallowed my anger.  However, I did tell him I will be wonky for the next 2 weeks, knowing he is being disrespectful to many people, even beyond me.

I will let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment