Friday, June 7, 2013

Madison Enters the Picture

Considering I have gained 40 pounds in the last 5 years, I decided to become more active in my life.  However, in the past, when I made this move, I failed, because I didn't have anyone to answer to.  Hopefully, that's changed now.

While working with a another women, last year, while doing my manual labor job, I noticed she had lots a bunch of weight.  When I asked her how she did it, she said she had been training her horses much more frequently.  I immediately became interested, because I used to show horses, prior to 8th grade.  When i asked if I could join her, from time to time she said yes.

Fast forward to last week.  I was noticing how much weight I have gained, particularly since being home most of the day, answering phones for the whores & I was very disappointed.  What's even worst is that James, my live-in boyfriend, & Richard, my best friend, love having huge gourmet meals every three evenings.  I have a hard time resisting.

So, while kneading my ever growing belly, I got an idea.  I immediately texted Madison, the horse wench.  She called several minutes later & asked what she could do for me.  I shared with her my dilemma & asked if I could join her daily with the horses.  She agreed, asking when i wanted to get started.  When I said, "today", she replied "great".  So, I spent four hours with her two days ago.  I hadn't been on a horse in 10 years, but she said it had all come back to me & I did much better than I had hoped.

My goal is to have her so comfortable with me being around her horses that she will allow me to take care of them, when busy season hits & she has to go back to her manual labor job full-time.  For me, it's much more simple.  I would love to do manual labor too.  However, I can't stop an entire project, along with the people involved, while I answer emails & return texts, for whores.   However, I can do that, when taking care of the horses.

In terms of exercise,  I about died after my first day of working with the horses.  My thighs ached & my tummy hurt.  However, it was a good & happy ache.  As long as I am not camping out in front of the computer screen all day & snacking, I am happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment