Friday, January 4, 2013

Max Come Unhinged

It seems that Max has become a bit unhinged, since we mutually decided we were not compatible enough to continue our relationship.  Once we decided that was indeed the case, I was in the process of trying up the loose ends to the relationship, specifically by collecting the $225.00 he owed me.  Little did I know that process would give me a great deal of insight into his mind.

When I tried to collect it the second time around, he disappeared for two weeks, after he gave me the impression I would get the money back in within the week.  Everyday, I sent one text a day to him, saying "When can I expect to see you?".  One one occasion, after not hearing from him for a week, I texted "I feel like you are intentionally ignoring & avoiding me.  If you have no intention of giving me the money, please let me know now."  When I found out that I would be in his area on the 26th, I added "I will be in the area on the 26th.  Are you available to give me the money?"

Eventually, he replied with "Oh my God!  I've been gone taking care of my family problems by drafting those documents and personally getting them to sign each contract.  Finished up, took some time for myself on the west coast, to come back to these texts.  Are you kidding me.  Oh by the way I'M FINE.  I'm going out my first night back, so if you need that money so bad bad, I have it.  Or I could drop it off with Thomas before I go to my concert.  I only need a short answer, I'm done with hearing my sister laugh at your texts."

Me:  I am available on the 26th.  Are you?
Max:  I'll drop it off with Thomas before the concert.
Me:  I would prefer that you did not.
Max:  Well then I'll try after the concert.
Me:  On the 26th?  I am available between 6:30pm & 10pm.
Max:  Well I'll drop it off quickly before the show.
Me:  Great.  I will make sure I am there at 6:30pm, so you do not have to waste much time.
Max:  Good.
Me:  BTW, me sending 1 text a day, after you gave me the impression I would get the $ within a week is not me needing the money "that damn bad", but more of me wanting to be done with the situation, after you chimed in and disappeared yet again.  I really hate feeling negative about people I genuinely liked.  I will not bother you again, once I receive the $.
Max:  ok
The 26th arrived & I heading to his area...
Me:  Heading your way.  I look forward to seeing you.
Max:  I'll see you.
Me:  Here.  Where do you want to meet?
Now, remember he wanted me to be at exactly 6:30pm, so he did not have to waste time dropping off the cash before the concert.  At 7pm, he replied...
Max:  I'll be upstairs, to say thanks to Thomas for the invite.
Me:  I am here at the upstairs bar.
At 7:43pm he replies
Max:  Sorry, saying hello and a cigarette.
Me:  Cool beans.  I already noticed you.

Yes, I already noticed him chatting amongst everyone else in the bar, except me.  Eventually, he sidled up next to me on the bar stool.  I gave the impression I was very happy to see him, giving him a warm hug & smile & asked him about his adventures with his family.  He chatted with me for about 10 minutes.  Then, he reached into his pocket for the cash, handing it to me.  I, as a good little whore, knew immediately that the cash was short, simply from it's weight.  I said nothing, giving him a hug as he disappeared into the bar again.  I then reached into my bag & counted the cash, with my suspicions being verified.  He shorted me $100.  I still said nothing.  I remained for another hour, being a social butterfly with my co-workers.  Max left 30 minutes before me.

two hours later, the text stared again...
Max:  So that was strange.  I'm sorry if you might hate me.  But I needed to be happy, by getting things done with family.  I'm sorry you are disappointed with me.
Me:  No worries.  Live long and prosper.
Max:  Ok. Bye.
Max:  I feel bad.  You were disappointed in me.
Me:  No need to feel bad.  Enjoy your evening.
Max:  I think I love you.
Me:  I think you are drunk texting me.
Max:  No just thought about you.  Sorry.
Me:  You thought about me and you came up with "love"?
Max:  Always
Me:  I think you need to give it a few months, then get back to me in the spring.
Max:  Okay.  Trying to be nice.  But whatever.  Have a good life.  Done.
Me:  Thank you for your kind words and your ability to share such a deeply emotional feeling.  I am flattered.  I think we need to let those feelings mature for a few months, before they are processed.
Max:  Come home.  Yell at me.
Me:  Why would I yell at you?
Max:  Because you care.
Me:  Caring does not equate to yelling.
Max:  But you would at me.  Again, come home.
Me:  I have no desire to yell at you.  Besides, you have enough of that from every other person in your life.  If you think that is okay, you are hanging out with the wrong people.
Me:  I need to sign off for the evening/morning.  This fat old broad needs her beauty sleep night night.


WTF?!  What the friggity frackity fuck?!  It took me several days to process the whole dynamic, but eventually I got some insight from my best friend, Richard, and my live in primary boyfriend, James.


No comments:

Post a Comment