Thursday, January 31, 2013

James & the Wedding

In my head, I have started planning my wedding to James.  We have always said we would get married, after my daughter turned 18-years-old & no longer lived with us.  According to the countdown calendar on James's cell phone, that's in 505 days, the summer of 2014.

In the past, I would have never considered marriage again, particularly after my first one went down in a glorious flame.  However, with James it's a bit different.  First, even after dating for just over 5 years & living together for 4 years, I consider him my best friend & definitely the most compatible person I have ever had a romantic relationship with.  More importantly, he is 15 years older than I am & I want to be the one who controls his healthcare in the future.  Finally, hopefully with the success of my book, being published in the summer of 2014, I will be making a lot more money.  I want to honor his position in my life, by sharing that with him.

I think I am going to have an interactive wedding.  For example, I want James to pick out his 5 favorite wedding dresses.  Then, I will try them on, parading in front of a camera & have people vote on what dress they like best.  The same thing could be done with the tuxedos, flowers, etc.  That way everyone is involved.  Also, rather than forbidding cell phone, during the ceremony, I want to encourage people to post on Facebook & twitter, while the wedding is going on.

I have mentioned the concept to a few coworkers & they are all for it.  They even mentioned doing door prizes.  What do you think?  What other things can be done at an interactive wedding?


No comments:

Post a Comment