Sunday, July 6, 2008

Think

I am moving in the near future. I purchased a house in April of 2007 & I absolutely LOVE it. It was built in 1933 & has all of the original hardwood floors. It is beautiful. However, I HATE house living. I hate mowing the lawn, maintaining the the basement, & general up keep. I have had many suggest I move into a condo. However, I want nothing to do with taxes. I also prefer to have people come & fix my stuff, when something goes wrong. Therefore, I am moving back into a one bedroom apartment.

It's funny. When I went to look at some apartments, I felt instantly relieved, as I walked into the models. They were small, organized, & cozy. I knew I was making the correct decision. The change in philosophy would have never been possible, unless I took the time to live in my own house. It's certainly nothing someone can teach you.

If you think having your own home is the American dream, think again. Think about all the time, money & energy you will spend on your house. Think of the taxes. Think of the insurance. Think of the home owner's association. Think about it. Think about it again. As long as I am alive, no matter how much money I make, I seriously doubt I will ever own a home again.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about it that way. But if it works for you why knock it right?

    ReplyDelete