Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ihop

Several days ago, I went with my James to I hop. As we approached the host, he said, “Oh you are here with your daughter?” James, being 14-years older than I, just grinned. To the left, the manager of the restaurant overheard the conversation & nervously giggled. James turned towards the manager & said “I guess he is not working for tips.” The manager nodded. The host then said “I meant you are here with your husband”. I replied “He much more fun than that!” From time to time, the host would pass us at our booth, as he was seating others. However, he could not look us in the face.

Today, when my parents visited, in order to pick up my furniture, we decided to return to I hop for lunch, telling everyone in the group the story from the previous day. They giggled with delight, when we found out that the same host & the manager were both there. Apparently, the manager said something to the host after we left, because when he saw James again, he apologized profusely. Loving to make boys squirm, I gave my father a big hug, calling him daddie. I then turned around to James & gave him a big hug, calling him daddie! Both manager & host blushed from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment