Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Rumor Mill

The sexworker industry is a funny little beast. If you do not feed its need for information, it will create it & make it seem factual. For example, I never gave any information about another industry worker. Once I was arrested, I lawyered up immediately. I refused to answer any questions & was left alone by the cops. Once I was released from the holding cell, after twelve hours, I was never contacted by the cops or the prosecution. I never gave them any information about the original whore who was arrested.  I had too much respect for either lady to help make their lives even more uncomfortable.

The best thing about being arrested & removing me from the industry was not having to deal with all of the rumors that are constantly flying about. To foster that, I refused to even look at the message boards or answer my emails. I returned to a wonderful state of dullness. There is a lot to be said for dullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment