Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Moving Sale

As I mentioned in a previous blog, I am selling my three bedroom house, I purchased just over a year ago. I LOVE my house. However, I hate house living. Although having a house is the American dream, it certainly was not my dream. My mortgage is bad enough at $2500.00 a month, but the additional cost, energy & time spent in maintenance are simply not worth it to me. So, I will be moving into a studio apartment, costing $850.00 a month, including utilities. The amount I save will be socked away for my retirement. 

I am going to very busy for the next month dealing with going from a large home to a studio apartment. My first job is to have a major moving sale. Not only will I be selling most of the stuff, including the house, I will also be selling my 1972 VW bug. I've gotten great advice about moving sales on the internet (http://www.yardsalequeen.com/yardsale.htm). I am even thinking about talking to my neighbors about joining me, in order to split the costs of advertising.

I also have to coordinate my parents coming to pick up the family antiques that they prefer be returned to their home, rather than be put in storage. That reminds me, I have to put in a reservation for the U-Haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment