Monday, December 31, 2012

Virginia's Pot Use

I found out today that Virginia, my 16-year-old daughter, has been smoking pot, by way of pictures of her doing so on the internet.  I am not opposed to adults smoking pot in the privacy of their own homes.  However, because I live in a state where pot use is illegal, in order for me not to go to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, I have to stop her usage, using pee tests & taking away her tech stuff if she fails.  I have given her 30 days to clean out her system.

What is most disturbing is her inability to comprehend how not being discrete, by putting the pictures on the net, could affect her ability to get into collage or a job.  She just needs to behave, until she is 18-years-old.  Once she reaches that age, I am not longer legally responsible for her actions.  Until then, I have to battle every day to keep my sanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment