Thursday, May 23, 2013

"I am really grateful you are my mother"

Yesterday, while driving Virginia to work, she paused & said "I know we don't always get along & I know I am a bitch; however, I want you to know I am really grateful you are my mother, because I have lots of friends who complain that their parents don't listen to them. I can never say that about you. You listen to me. You also don't act out in anger when I don't do what you think I should. You have always guided me, without judgement." I started to tear up, because my kid is notorious for not showing gratitude & I am notorious for not taking delight in being a mother. Those are the moments I hope for & rarely get. Those are the moments that touch me. Those are the moments that make it all worth while. Okay, that was a fib...



No comments:

Post a Comment