Thursday, March 21, 2013

Introducing Rachel

I met a girl online at OKCupid, named Rachel.  She & I have been dating for the last three weeks.  She fascinates me.  I think I am most fascinated with her, because she had atrocious things occur to her in her childhood, including molestation, but has taken the stand to embrace those events that make her who she is & move on.  She is not an angry or sad survivor.  She is just Rachel.

One of the interesting things she does is tell stories about her life, such as the time when she was paid to have sex with straight women, while their boyfriends watch, in a club & then the last thing she will add is "I was 14".  Or when she was growing pot on the roof of her parent's apartment to make money for food & will finish with "I was 11".  She has dozens of these stories.

Later we discussed the reason she shared those deeply personal moments, even with new people in her life.  She explained she was testing them.  She new that some people are judgmental or think she needs help, so she has a list of "beginner" stories she tells, to get a reading on the listeners stance.

I can understand why I am still around.  I believe that everyone gets through life as best as they know how.  Who am I to judge their journey?  I have my own to ponder.



No comments:

Post a Comment